Roasted Radish Brussels Sprout and Cauliflower Recipe with A Healthy Life For Me.
We just got back from Florida, where I got plenty of time to hang out on the beach and get some reading done. I found a new author; Amy Harmon who writes these clever, sweet and witty love stories where you form an attachment with the characters and can’t put the book down because your just so anxious to reach the happy ending. I am a sucker for a happy ending, especially while on vacation.
The books are well written, simple to read and I love the Shakespeare, Dante and Native American history that is sprinkled throughout the story. I even downloaded a Classical Music Playlist, based off of one of the novels. (Running Barefoot)
The stories are also tear jerker’s, and I shed a tear or two while we were on the beach and got more than my share of worried looks, even from my husband, until I told him it was a love story. Where he then proceeded to roll his eyes. Guys just don’t get it, do they?
Anyway, we are back home and I am back in the kitchen patiently waiting the start of spring so I can get in the garden and get my beloved spring veggies in the ground.
My pining for my spring radishes inspired this Roasted Radish Brussels Sprout and Cauliflower dish.
It is loaded with cruciferous veggies, which are the super heroes of the vegetable world. Great served along fig or chicken and is just as good served cold the next day.
Roasted Radish Brussels Sprout and Cauliflower
- 1 pound fresh Brussels Sprout trimmed and halved
- ½ pound radishes trimmed and quartered 10-12 medium sized
- 1 large head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into 1” florets 1 pound
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 shallot sliced into ribbons
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin refined coconut oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Gluten Free Panko bread crumbs I used Ian’s Natural Foods Panko Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place vegetables on foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil till liquid and drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake vegetables for 12-15 minutes, until you can pierce radish with fork.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, nuts, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon coconut oil, stir to combine, mixture will be crumbly
- Top vegetables with breadcrumb mix and bake for 5 more minutes or until breadcrumbs are brown.
1 thought on “Roasted Radish Brussels Sprout and Cauliflower”
Hope you enjoy Cookin Canuck