Triscuit has come out with a new line of Brown Rice Triscuits that, in addition to being made with a blend of whole grain brown rice and wheat, offer varieties that weave in pieces of sweet potato or red beans. What I like about Triscuits new product is that the crackers are baked with 100% whole grain and contains 21g of whole grain per 29g serving. Additionally, the new line of crackers is **free** of high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, cholesterol and artificial flavors.
I remember my Mom and her friends always had Triscuits and dip at all their parties, but once I started reading labels and removing products from my shopping cart that had corn syrup and hydrogenated oil I no longer brought Triscuit home. Now with five new flavors that are all boasting the healthier labels I can add Triscuit back to my shopping cart. I decided to use it in a classic favorite the Chicken Tenders which are loved by old and young alike. I make this in a healthier version by browning the tenders in a skillet to get the crispy crunch and finish the tenders off in the oven. You can make this recipe using Panko breadcrumbs, but its hard to get the perfect crispy crunch. With using the triscuits, the crust was crispy and the tenders were… you guessed it tender. Great to dip in ketchup, marinara sauce, or honey.
List of new flavors:
- Brown Rice Triscuit seasoned with Tomato & Sweet Basil
- Brown Rice Triscuit seasoned with Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Red Bean seasoned with Roasted Red Pepper
- Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Red Bean seasoned with Savory Red Bean
- Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Sweet Potato seasoned with Roasted Sweet Onion
You can also check out Triscuits Brown Rice and Wheat Pinterest board if you are interested in other recipes using this little cracker.
Just because this video reminded me of my High School days I thought I would include it in this post. I actually think I had that pink outfit, earrings and all. EEEK!
Triscuit Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 10 Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Red Bean seasoned with Roasted Red Pepper crackers or any flavor of your choosing or Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2 ounces finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 3-4 turns of the pepper grinder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set out broiler pan.
- Add Triscuits to bag and crush till fine crumble.
- On a medium plate add Triscuit crumbs and Parmesan and mix to combine.
- On another medium plate add egg and water and whisk to blend.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- Take tenders one at a time and coat with egg mix and then coat with Triscuit mix and set aside.
- Heat skillet to medium heat
- Add butter and olive oil
- Add 3-4 tenders at a time.
- Cook 1-2 minutes and flip
- Cook 1-2 minutes on other side.
- Set tenders on broiler pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
A new take on an old favorite. Enjoy the new line of Triscuit baked with whole grain brown rice and wheat, some with real food ingredients like sweet potato or red beans.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Triscuit. The opinions and text are all mine.