The best darn Burger, I swear.
These Turkey Black Bean Burgers are delicious and the recipe was a bit of a what do I have on hand lets throw it together and see if it works kind of deals. I eat them without the bun to keep them gluten free.
Turkey Burger that is Quick and Easy to Prepare.
We love these burgers in my house, and the great part for me is that they are super easy to pull together.
I like to cook these burgers in the oven first on a low temperature because turkey can dry out quickly. I use a broiler pan that allows me to fill the bottom of the pan with water.
While the burgers are in the oven the water evaporates and helps to keep your burgers moist. You can serve the burgers directly from the oven, but I like to throw them on the grill for a few minutes each side to get that grilled flavoring.
To keep this recipe gluten free skip the bun and top your burger with an assortment of veggies. My favorite topping is mashed avocado.
Turkey Black Bean Burgers
- Broiler Pan
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of black beans drained rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried italian seasoning mix oregano, thyme, rosemary and basil
- Heat oven to 250°.
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and form into burgers.
- Place burgers on broiler pan and fill bottom of pan with 1 cup of water
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium and grill burgers 4-5 minutes each side.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: