Vegetable Goat Cheese Dip is a savory easy to prepare dip with a sprinkling of lots of green vegetables. Perfect to serve at a party, tailgating or over the holidays.
My hubby runs with a friend a few days a week and sometimes after the run they come in and have a beer to celebrate their accomplishment!
This celebration usually coincides with me finishing up a recipe for this blog..hmmmm, you think that’s a coincidence? Anyway, I plopped this dish down in front of the boys to have them be my taste tasters. Jeff gave it a thumbs up, but my hubby said it needed a little kick, so I threw in the red pepper flakes, which then I was told it past muster. I think he may a bit spoiled, what you think?
Anyway I think this is a great appetizer to serve this weekend or to take to your next cocktail party! I am a huge fan of artichoke dip, but making this with the goat cheese made it divine! I serve it up with a great cracker, but a baguette would be just as delicious.
Vegetable and Goat Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 bunch of asparagus speared cut into 1” pieces.
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup peas fresh or frozen-thawed
- 1-14 oz. can or jar artichoke hearts in water drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest finely grated
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese crumbled and divided in half
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray a 4-5 cup baking dish with organic cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Toss in asparagus pieces and toss to coat. Cook stirring about 2 minutes.
- Toss in shallot, salt and pepper. Stir and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until shallot starts to soften. Remove a few asparagus tops and set aside. 8-10 pieces. These will be put on as topping later.
- Stir in peas and remove from heat. Add to a large mixing bowl with artichokes, chives, parsley, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
- In a food processor combine 1/2 of goat cheese, cream cheese, cheddar and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Stir blended cheese mix into vegetable and combine evenly. Scoop into prepared baking dish, top with remaining crumbled goat cheese and reserved asparagus tops.
- Bake until gold brown and bubbling, 15-20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.