Blueberry Corn Salad is a simple healthy clean summer salad that is sure to please with the fresh sweet taste of the corn and the heat of jalapeño.
We hosted a small cookout with a few friends over the weekend, and my friend Barbie brought this Blueberry Corn Salad. It was a huge hit with everyone and requests for the recipe were made. Barbie said it was a recipe her old neighbor had given her before she moved to Boston. Barbie named off the list of ingredients and I made note, knowing I was going to do an internet search to try to find it. I entered in Blueberry, Corn, Cilantro and Jalapeño and the recipe popped up over and over. The original creator of the recipe came from BHG.com (Better Homes & Garden), but it has been copied and shared over and over.
I usually try to only share recipes that I have written and tested or altered to my tastes, but this is one of those recipes you share with friends because it is just delicious a true fresh representation of summer. I figured I would pass it on to my readers at A Healthy Life For Me so that you can enjoy it with your friends and family this summer.
Note: Barbie suggested not cooking the corn and cutting the corn from the husk raw. This is how she served it to us and I made the recipe with cooked corn. I honestly didn’t notice a difference in taste. Eating the corn raw will give you more of vitamins and minerals and cut down on prep time.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to boiling. Add corn. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from the cobs. Discard cobs.
- In a large serving bowl, combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.