DIY Eggshell Planters Craft with A Healthy Life For Me.
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year.
This year to show support for Earth Day I wanted to share this super easy and fun DIY Eggshell Planters. I saw a pin on Pinterest that inspired me to give this craft a try and I couldn’t wait to share this with you guys. Since I had all the supplies on hand, I mean check out my collection basket of eggs from my hens. No shortage of eggshells for me, and since I am getting ready to start planting my spring annuals I thought this would be a great way to make an Easter centerpiece as well as celebrate mother earth by recycling. Once I am done using this as my centerpiece I can then plant the flowers, eggs and all in my outdoor planters to enjoy throughout the upcoming summer.
What you need for DIY Eggshell Planters:
- 6 eggs, cracked through the middle
- 1 old egg carton
- 12 small tube annuals.
You could also plant seedlings in your eggshells. I have planted up some parsley in a separate arrangements to give as gifts to friends for the holidays. The little seedlings will be popped up and ready by the time Easter rolls around.
Once you are ready to plant your annuals, gently pull away the excess dirt, keeping the main roots in tact and gently pot them in the shell. You may need to fill any extra room back in with loose soil. Gently water and enjoy.
Make sure to put a board under eggshell container after watering to protect your table.
Did you enjoy this DIY Eggshell Planters and you want more Earth Day projects? Check out the Earth Day Projects below from The Garden Charmers. Something for everyone, so we can all get involved this coming Earth Day.
Earth Day Projects With The Garden Charmers
- Kill Them With Kindness / Celebrating Earth Day | Lynne – Sensible Gardening & Living
- Celebrating Earth Day Every Day | Heather – New House New Home New Life
- Earth Day Inspiration | Jacki – Drought Smart Plants
- Earth Day Projects For Kids | Melissa – Empress of Dirt
- Earth Day | Judy – Magic Touch & Her Gardens
- Natural Garden Remedies for Earth Day | Shelley – Sow & Dipity
- DIY Eggshell Planters | Amy – A Healthy Life For Me
- Attracting Beneficial Insects to the Garden | Stephanie – Garden Therapy
- 12 Easy Ways to Celebrate Earth Day | Carol – The Gardening Cook
- Earth Day ~ 50 ideas to Green Our Lives & Communities | Barb – Our Fairfield Home & Garden
- Planting a Honey Bee Friendly Garden | Tanya – Lovely Greens