Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Brownies are dense and decadent and loaded with protein. Gluten free, less sugar and delicious, these brownies are the perfect guilt-free dessert.
I have been doing a lot of meal prepping the last few weeks.
I tend to go in ebbs and flows with the food prep. I think I have found what works best for my preferences.
I make a HUGE dinner, with two to three vegetable dishes and enough protein for dinner plus two lunches. All the extra veggies after dinner are split for the two lunches and any extra are stored to be used in a salad for the following nights’ dinner.
What this allows me to do:
- Guarantee I eat A LOT of vegetables. 🙂
- That I fill up on A LOT of vegetables.
- That I eat SUPER clean and I feel SO much better.
With that being said, I have been craving something sweet to enjoy.
In walked these brownies. They are very decadent and I don’t feel bad enjoying one because of the antioxidants, protein and the lower calorie count. Not to mention there is less sugar per serving because I used Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend.
I am such a huge sucker for the chocolate-peanut butter mix in pretty much anything. These brownies totally hit that flavor marker for me.
They last in the fridge for up to a week, so I can enjoy them all week long, and maybe if I am feeling extra generous, share a few squares with someone I deem worthy. 🙂
I used Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend in these Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Brownies to lower the sugar content. Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend allows you to use 50% less sugar and calories than traditional sugar per serving, in your cakes, brownies, and cookies. Baking Blend is easy to use – just swap 1 cup of sugar for 1/2 cup of Baking Blend for the same amount of sweetness and 50% fewer calories. Perfect to use when you want a sweet dessert while keeping control of the calories.
Don’t be intimidated by how pretty these brownies turned out. The key to that gorgeous swirling is to drop small dollops of peanut butter (little bigger than pea size) onto the chocolate glaze topping. What happens is the peanut butter softens and then you take a toothpick and swirl away. You can be as creative as you want, and it will look like art on top of your brownies.
I hope you guys give them a try, you will be SO SO pleased! Just a warning they are addictive so be prepared to be making them over and over!
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Brownies Author: 16 IngredientsPrep time: 8 mins Cook time: 22 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves:
- • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- • 1/3 cup Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend
- • 8 oz. bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- • 1 egg, room temperature
- • 1 egg yolk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- • 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- • 2 generous tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 inch square pan with parchment, set aside.
- Add chocolate chips to large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove stir. Microwave for an additional 1 minute.
- Stir peanut butter and Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and protein powder to peanut butter mix stirring till blended.
- Add vanilla extract, salt, and eggs, until completely blended
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the brownies is set in the center, taking care, not to over bake. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium glass bowl add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave an additional minute. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the brownie and use back of a spoon or offset spatula to smooth to the edges.
- Drop peanut butter in pea size drops all over warm chocolate.
- Using a toothpick spread peanut butter through chocolate as it melts.
- Set brownies in the freezer to set chocolate for 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens, or set in the refrigerator for 2 hours until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.