Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins are grain free, dairy free, paleo, vegetarian and moist and delicious. A sweet muffin full of strawberry flavor to enjoy for breakfast of an afternoon snack.
Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It is also the most important meal to set the tone for your whole day. Some simple easy things you can do to make your body and mind work at top speed are simple and enjoyable.
A cup of water first thing, preferable warm with a squeeze of fresh lemon helps to jump-start the pipes and starts you on your way to staying hydrated throughout the day.
I always, always eat breakfast. I try to have some protein, and fiber to give me the sustenance I will need to handle physical and mental stress every day throws my way. Without it, I will be less resilient, both physically and mentally.
Stretch that body. Try to spend a few minutes every morning doing a few stretches to warm up the body. The hip flexor stretch is a perfect to loosen the hips and back, great for anyone who sits a lot throughout the day.
These Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins have a bit of protein, fiber and are low in sugar and dairy free. I used Silk’s new dairy free yogurt alternative to keep this recipe dairy free. It allowed me to keep this recipe gluten free, grain free, plaeo and vegan.
If you are interested in learning more about Silk’s new Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative sign up to receive their newsletter.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup dairy free yogurt alternative (I used Silk strawberry)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups strawberries, chopped (about 10 medium to large)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, yogurt alternative, coconut oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture and gently mix until combined (Be careful not to over mix). Gently fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to wire rack and let cool completely.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.