Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are the perfect finger food to satisfy your tastebuds, while keeping it clean. These paleo buffalo chicken nuggets are gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and soy free. Though no one who eats them will think they are eating a super clean version of their favorite football food. Yep, these are that good.
SUNDAY FOOTBALL FOOD!
Oh glorious Sunday! Here is how most Sunday’s have been going in our house: In the morning we are off to Funday Sunday at Crossift, which usually entails some cardio smack down where we are all laying on the floor gasping for air at the end. I know I know it sounds horrible, but I promise you it is so satisfying to complete that we all keep showing up every Sunday making it the largest and most popular class offered all week.
Then it is all about watching football. Our beloved Bengals did make it to the playoffs this year and were out before we could even say Who-Dey, but being Bengals fans we are sadly use to this.
Now that Football season is ending thankfully some of my favorite T.V. series are back for their new seasons. Shameless, Episodes, and House of Lies are back and I am lapping up all that disfunction.
Sunday’s are not just about T.V., but about the food.
My husband LOVES chicken wings, the hotter the better. To keep the big guy happy with his football favorites I have been working on coming up with recipes that are clean and healthier but still fun and enjoyable to eat.
These Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are simple easy to assemble and are done in under 30 minutes. Of course I didn’t tell the ol’ husband that these were a clean version of his favorite, I just plated them up and waited for his reaction.
Which was to eat one after another. He loved them. Then the second test was my youngest son, who enjoyed them as much as his Dad. They were a huge success here, and I am sure your family and friends will love them too. Just make sure you make enough.
What is your favorite Football Food?
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Baking Pan
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic Bag
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders cut into 2" pieces
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tablespoon grass fed butter melted
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil, and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large plastic bag combine cocOnut flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and shake to blend.
- Add chicken pieces to bag, close and shake to cover chicken.
- In a small bowl add butter and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Dip chicken pieces into hot sauce miXture one at a time coating.
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Raise heat of oven to broil and cook an additional 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like: