This Paleo One Pan Roasted Vegetable and Sausage is a great weeknight family dinner recipe. It takes only minutes to prepare and uses one pan for cooking. Loaded with lean protein, loads of vegetables, and flavoring this recipe is super clean, gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
ONE PAN + DINNER!
Sounds like the perfect weeknight dinner to me! What do you think?
A simple, but delicious dinner that the whole family enjoys is a glorious thing! Glorious I tell you! Once you have a recipe that fits the bill, you tend to make it a lot. This recipe has been made weekly since its invention. I have played with the vegetables used, and the sausage. The only thing I have kept consistent is the use of potatoes and organic hormone free sausage.
I am always a little proud of myself when I come up with a simple recipe that tastes delicious. I learned to cook using layers, upon layers of ingredients to create great flavor and texture with my recipes. BUT, that typically means lots of ingredients and loads of time behind a recipe.
Not great for when we are busy, and just want to eat. Like now!
Which is typically how I feel during the crazy week schedule.
WHY YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS PALEO ONE PAN ROASTED VEGETABLE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE.
Not only is this recipe a nutritious, high protein dinner option, but it is super clean and has tons of flavor. The combination of peppers, onion, mushroom and new potatoes make a great medley base for the sausage. While this recipe cooks the juice from the sausage melts down onto the veggies, adding another great layer of flavor.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, trimmed and cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, trimmed and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, trimmed and cubed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1- 8-ounce container of shiitake or mix mushroom
- 4 Organic Italian chicken sausage, sugar-free; cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl add all the vegetables, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss so that the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a half-sheet pan.
- Place sausage, over top of vegetables, scattering throughout.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and sausages are lightly browned, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- Toss fresh parsley over top and serve.
Store any uneaten portion in a food safe container covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.