These Almond Butter Chocolate Cups are healthy protein packed sweet treats. They will disappear quickly so you want to ensure you make enough.
I competed in my first crossfit competition this past weekend…. boy am I still sore. More importantly I am proud of myself. For going out and competing and stretching myself past my comfort zone. There were several times before ach of my three different competitions (which are called WOD’s) that I questioned whether I would be able to do it and if I was a loon for signing myself up for something so incredibly nerve-wracking. Each time I told myself that I was capable and to have fun, and each time I went out and gave it my all and that is all anyone can ask of himself or herself. Of course I wish I would have done better, but surprised myself on how well I did on certain parts, and I am happy with my final accomplishment.
Exercising and working out is only half of the equation of living healthy, the other half is your diet. It can be especially hard to stick to eating a good healthy diet when our sweet tooth starts singing to us. These Almond Butter Chocolate Bars are great to have on hand when you want something sweet, but still have substance and doesn’t break send you on a sugar high to crash soon after. These Almond Butter Chocolate cups are gluten-free, grain free, dairy free, paleo and have a good dose of protein and healthy fats. Don’t worry though they will make your sweet tooth happy and you as well.
You have to keep these guys cold; they don’t do well at room temperature. Almond butter has that healthy oil and will become way too soft if not kept chilled. I like to keep them in the freezer and pull them out a few minutes before I want to devour them.
I made a video to show you how easy and fun these cups are to make. Please let me know what you think, is it helpful, if not how can it be more so?
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- Place almond butter, coconut oil, honey and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth and well combined.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into 8-10 mini muffin tins then pour melted chocolate on top of each spoonful.
- Top each with a few flakes of sea salt
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- Use a sharp knife to pop out each almond butter cup. Store in freezer or keep in refrigerator for quick eating.