Today is Election Day here in the good old US of A so I thought I would represent with a twist on the American favorite apple pie with this is a simple, moist and delicious Apple Cake. After putting up with all the election advertisements we deserve a treat!
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 55 mins
- 6 tablespoons of butter softened
- 2 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 apples peeled, cored and diced (I used Fuji)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8" cake pan.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in butter until combined.
- Stir flour into the mix then add apples, mix till just combined (do not over mix)
- Pour into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, when cool turn out onto cake stand or plate. Dust with powdered sugar.
2 comments on “Apple Cake”
Just made this today and what a hit! I suggest a new name: Quick Apple Biscuit Cake! So fast, a little biscuit salty with tender apples. We loved it, especially as an afterschool treat.
YUM. Just pinned it!!!