Your pesto can be used on pizza, pasta, on top of chicken or tomato & mozzarella salad. Any unused can be stored in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for several months. If you have an ice cube tray, fill with pesto and freeze. You then have individual sized pesto to pop out of the freezer when you need them.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- generous pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add garlic, pine nuts and salt and pepper to food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add basil and parmesan and process again until minced.
- While processor is running feed olive oil through top tube.