Blueberry Corn Salad is a simple healthy clean summer salad that is sure to please with the fresh sweet taste of the corn and the heat of jalapeño.
We hosted a small cookout with a few friends over the weekend, and my friend Barbie brought this Blueberry Corn Salad.
I was a quick study and asked for the recipe. Which is really is made up of a just few fresh simple ingredients. Perfect alongside all of your summer cookout staples. You do not need to worry about summer heat, because this recipe is dairy free, and gluten free. It can be made ahead of time and is quick to assemble.
What You Will Need.
For the Salad.
You will need ears of corn for this recipe, but if you are feeling very lazy. You can always use an Organic Frozen corn- there are some options that are Grilled Corn, which will add another layer of flavor. Just let your corn thaw in a Colander in your sink or on the counter, with a plate underneath to catch the water as the corn thaws. It will only take 2-3 hours to thaw this way. If you are short on time take the frozen corn out of the freezer and place the bag in a bowl and fill the bowl with cold water. Avoid using warm water as it can affect your corn’s quality. After filling the bowl with cold water, leave it there for 15 minutes. Drain the water, open your corn and add to your serving bowl.
Fresh Blueberries, Sliced and Halved Cucumbers and some dicing of fresh herbs and your Salad Ingredients are Assembled.
For the Dressing.
Add your fresh lime juice, olive oil, herbs and your local honey. Whisk these together and drizzle over your salad. Do this ahead of time. Letting the dressing sit on the salad allows the salad ingredients to soak up the fresh citrus form the dressing.
How To Assemble
It is as simple as putting the salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Pouring your dressing over the top and tossing.
You can cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature, or go ahead and throw it in the refrigerator if it will be a few hours before you are serving.
Blueberry Corn Salad
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to boiling. Add corn. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from the cobs. Discard cobs.
- In a large serving bowl, combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.