This Broccoli Quinoa Lentil Salad has scores of different flavors. The crunchy grated broccoli, the nutty lentil, the wholesome quinoa all topped off with the fresh citrus and cilantro flavors all come together to make an outstanding salad.
This salad is not only delicious but oh so good for you loaded with protein and essential amino acids.
RECIPE SHARED WITH FRIENDS
This Broccoli Quinoa Lentil Salad recipe was shared by my fabulous friend Nicole, who I might add is a wonderful cook.
She raved about the recipe and was kind enough to share it with me, and now I am sharing it with you.
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS BROCCOLI QUINOA LENTIL SALAD
I have made it several times and mixed up using white quinoa once and red quinoa the other times.
You can use green lentils or multi colored lentils. It doesn’t matter what color of grains you pick, the taste will remain the same.
Personally, I like using the darker colors because it gave the dish more color, and wasn’t so green. My son Jacob has a fear of the color green on his plate. So with the bit of color he made a face, but gave it a try and had a second serving.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS BROCCOLI QUINOA LENTIL SALAD
This little salad is a powerhouse of goodness, the veggies stay raw and the quinoa and lentils add the whole grains a helping of protein. This recipe is also gluten-free and if you choose not to add the feta, dairy free. You can make it ahead of time and stick it in the refrigerator to get nice and cold. I prefer it this way, so you can make it in advance. I usually have the leftovers for lunch the next day.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
Broccoli Quinoa Lentil Salad
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons Avocado oil olive oil works well too
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt use 1/2 if you are adding feta
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli grated
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup feta optional
- Add all ingredients to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Grate broccoli (I use my food processor) and add to large bowl.
- Add pepper, red onion, chopped cilantro and nuts to broccoli
- Cook quinoa and lentil according to bag directions. Add to bowl of broccoli.
- Top with whisked dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve right away or refrigerate before serving.