Chicken Chickpea Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a healthy protein packed salad that can even make a big guy happy. Perfect light option for a weeknight dinner.
If you want a light a refreshing and filling salad this is the one for you. Even the guys liked this one. I think the key for guys liking salad is that it must contain protein, protein, protein. I hear a Tim the Tool Man grunt here.
With the chicken and chick pea, the guys are happy, your happy and that means you have a weeknight dish that you can throw together quickly that is healthy and light.
Chicken Chickpea Salad
- 3 grilled chicken boneless skinless breasts instructions below or 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 ounce can of Garbanzo Beans or Chickpeas rinsed
- 3 stalks of celery cubed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion cut into 1-1 1/2" slivers about 1/4 of medium onion
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce cored and sliced into ribbons
- Pinch of kosher salt about 1/4 teaspoon
- Pinch of black pepper several turns on the pepper grinder
- 5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice 2 large juicy lemons
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard grey-poupon which is gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- On a broiler pan fill bottom of pan with one cup of water. Place chicken breasts on grate and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove heat grill to high and cook breasts 4 minutes each side to add flavor.
- Cube chicken breasts, if using rotisserie shred meat.
- Place Chicken in large serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently toss.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until emulsified (blended).
- Pour about 1/2 of the Vinaigrette over salad and gently stir to coat.
- Taste and add more dressing to your liking.