I am a huge Peppermint fan and a huge Chocolate fan and peppermint and chocolate together makes me very happy. I couldn’t be happier with these Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. The recipe is gluten free, grain free, soy free and paleo friendly.
We are down to two weeks before Christmas. TWO WEEKS, yikes! Holy Moly I have a lot to get done, presents to buy, cookies to bake. Thankfully I had the decorations up early, and we bought a new pre-lit artificial tree this year so decorating the tree was a breeze. Pre-lit trees are genius, I love the person who invented the pre-lit tree.
I love lightening a fire and snuggling on the couch with the nothing but the Christmas tree light to illuminate the room and reading a book or watching a good movie. As a kid, I use to lie on the floor in our family room under our tree enjoying the smells of the batches upon batches of Christmas cookies my Mom was baking. She uses to make at least a dozen different varieties.
Though I still make several batches of traditional Christmas Cookies using all-purpose flour and granulated sugar. I have been trying to find the perfect gluten free flour mix for cookie recipes. My poor husband has been the taste tester on several rather unsuccessful attempts.
But finally, praise the lord, I found success. These little Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are perfect for the holidays, and they make the whole house smell like the holidays.
Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350°
- Line two bang sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl stir together flours, baking powder, salt, coconut powder and espresso powder.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer beat on a low speed butter, maple syrup, eggs, and extracts. Add melted chocolate.
- Slowly add in flour mix and chips until just combined. Batter will be wet.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon leaving 1" in between
- Bake for 12-14 minutes on medium rack.
You might also like: