Kiwi Fresh Cocktail is a loaded a tangy sweet cocktail loaded with fresh flavor.
How did I come up with this Kiwi Fresh Cocktail you ask? Here is the little story, Jim and I just recently returned from a trip to Scottsdale Arizona. While we were there we had breakfast at a delightful little bistro that served the most unbelievable fruit tray. It had all the usual suspects, melon, berries, grapes but it also had Passion fruit, Dragon fruit and Kiwi. I thought hmm a passion fruit cocktail sounds yummy. Because don’t we all eat our breakfast and think about Saturday cocktails? No? Well, anyway sadly there were no passion fruits available here in lovely Cincinnati, so I grabbed some kiwi’s tossed in some fruit, vanilla and tequila and made this delicious Kiwi Fresh Cocktail.
Kiwi Fresh Cocktail
- 1 Fresh Kiwi peeled and quartered
- 10 Fresh mint leaves rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 " fresh vanilla bean sliced open and scraped out or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- Club Soda
- Fresh Ice
- In a martini shaker add kiwi, mint, sugar and vanilla and smash the heck out of it.
- You want it to be a pulp.
- Add tequila and ice to martini shaker
- Shake and pour into a highball filled half way with ice
- Top with club soda and enjoy