Raw Broccoli Slaw is not only Raw, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian and Clean but it is delicious and oh so good for you! Loaded with some of the most nutritious vegetables and topped with a wholesome apple cider vinaigrette. And it only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Fresh Market serves this Broccoli Cranberry slaw out of their deli department that is delicious, but a bit too sweet for me. I have been fudging around in the kitchen trying to come up with a clean healthier version that tastes just as good if not better, and let me just say as I rub my nails on my shoulder, I have. Nom nom nom!
We love this slaw, I could eat it several times a week. I usually make a huge serving for dinner so that I will have leftovers for lunch the next day. The recipe is obviously loaded with insoluble and soluble fiber which are considered gut-healthy fiber and make us feel full longer, but the vitamin and mineral content in this dish is through the roof. Put your hands up!
Don’t be scared of the raw part of this dish, because you are shredding the vegetables, especially the broccoli which a lot of people have a hard time eating raw, you feel like the vegetables have been cooked. Most people will assume that they have been and enjoy the dish.
Raw Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli spears shredded
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- 1/2 cup dried red cherries
- 6 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Use the shredding blade in your food processor or a grate to grate broccoli, carrots and red cabbage.
- Peel and slice red onion into thin slices and quarter the slices.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Before serving toss whisked dressing over top of greens and toss to coat evenly.
If you like this recipe you might also like my Kale and Brussels Sprouts Broccoli Salad.