Roasted Salmon Potato Tomato and Asparagus is a one pan dinner that is easy, delicious and healthy. Layers of vegetables surround a perfectly seasoned and roasted piece of Fresh Wild Salmon. This dish is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
I have an addiction to cherry tomatoes, especially the ones growing in my garden. I am not sure why, but they are the sweetest darn things. I eat handfuls as I am out picking in the garden.
What is great about growing cherry tomatoes is one plant turns out so much produce. When I am not out in the garden gobbling them up I am throwing them in my recipes. Cherry tomatoes have a sweeter flavor so they do well fresh or roasted in the oven. When the grocery store had wild caught salmon on sale, I bought a beautiful piece and knew my cherry tomatoes would make the perfect sweet accompaniment.
My love for this dish truly lies in how simple it is to prepare. And of course you only have to use one pan, so less dirty dishes. Score!
The layers of different vegetables are subtly roasted in a simple olive oil and herb flavoring which lets you highlight the terrific fresh wild salmon.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks for reading and subscribe to A Healthy Life For Me to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Roasted Salmon Potato Tomato and Asparagus
- 1/2 pound Fresh Wild Salmon
- 1 lime 1
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of fingerling potato medley or plain, cut in half and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 8 asparagus spears trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- handful basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Grease a 13 x 9” with coconut oil for easy clean up.
- Place salmon on plate, top with juice salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half and cube, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and Italian seasoning. Spread in baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss the asparagus in with the potatoes, pushing vegetables to the perimeter of pan leaving space in center of pan open. Return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place salmon in center of pan and toss tomatoes along perimeter with potatoes and asparagus. Drizzle with the remaining oil over vegetables and return to the oven for a final 10-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked.
- Scatter over the basil leaves and serve everything scooped straight from the dish.
5 comments on “Roasted Salmon Potato Tomato and Asparagus”
This looks amazing! 🙂 Salmon is one of my favorites, but I don’t make it much because my husband and son won’t eat it. But I think I will be making this dish soon just for my daughter and I, lol. 😉 It looks too good not to!
I love salmon! Especially when it’s roasted like this. Those tomatoes, potatoes and asparagus are the perfect side dish, and I love that everything is baked in one dish! Pinned!
Thanks for sharing Taylor!
I tried salmon for the first time this spring and fell in love. This definitely needs to happen in my house for dinner soon! 🙂
Oh you will love this Rachel, easy and delicious.