Sea Bass with Basil Cream Sauce is loaded with healthy mild asian flavors and is ready in 30 minutes. Sea bass is a hearty mild white fish that is low in calories and an excellent source of protein, selenium and essential omega-3 fatty acids.
Subscribe to my blog | Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook
Cincinnati has been getting a ton of great new restaurants. However, there are still a few oldies that are my favorite. One is Bouquet located in the Mainstrasse Village of Covington, Kentucky. We live 20 minutes from the state line and Covington is one of those great old towns in Kentucky that has a ton of history, beautiful architecture and a view of the Ohio River and Downtown Cincinnati. Bouquet offers a great selection of unique recipes using local produce and livestock, following the farm to table philosophy. One dish that I love is their Sea Bass with Basil Cream Sauce. Chef Stephen Williams shared his recipe and I couldn’t wait to try it at home. Just as delicious as it was in the restaurant.
Eating sea bass helps reduce risks of cardiovascular disorders. Thanks to the abundant quantity of omega 3 essential fatty acids, the fish improves the function of the heart, arteries and veins, and other parts that make up the cardiovascular system of the body. These essential fatty acids help in lowering the ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol, and increasing the ‘good’ HDL cholesterol levels in the body. It is amazing to know that including merely two servings of fish in the diet per week, can reduce instances of death from heart diseases, by 1/3.
Sea bass also helps lowering blood pressure. People with regular intake of sea bass fish in their diet, show significant reduction in blood pressure levels.
Sea Bass with Basil Cream Sauce
- 1 cup edamame frozen works fine
- 2 fennel bulbs cored and julienned
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 head bok choy julienned
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Basil Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4-5 whole basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4- Sea Bass Fillets or Halibut about 1 ¼ pounds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over high heat add white wine and reduce down in half.
- Add cream and lower heat to medium and reduce again.
- In a blender add Soy Sauce, Basil leaves and reduced cream sauce, puree until smooth.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add one tablespoon olive oil when heated add Sea Bass, when starting to brown, flip, cook an additional 3-4 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Cover skillet with lid and place in oven, cook for10-12 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add one tablespoon olive oil and add fennel cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add cashews and edamame, stir to coat and heat an additional 3 minutes, throw in bok choy, a dash of salt and pepper, stir and cook until bok choy is wilted.
- In a bowl, or rimmed plate, add ¼ of the vegetables, ½ cup cream sauce and top with a Sea Bass fillet.
2 comments on “Sea Bass with Basil Cream Sauce”
Excellent dish that my family loved! I enjoyed the exposure to new vegetables I don’t typically include in my dishes. Great variety of healthy ingredients! Thanks Amy.
Your welcome, Cheryl. Thanks for commenting, always love to hear what ya think after trying a recipe. xo