Adding some blue to the frosting and topping each cupcake with a few slices of strawberry makes these White Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting the perfect dessert option for any holiday that celebrates with red, white and blue.
Subscribe to my blog | Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook
Our summer holidays all seem to involve the colors Red, White and Blue. Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. They also all revolve around cookouts gathering with friends and family and celebrating summer, which means lots of great food.
If you are looking for a delicious holiday themed cupcake you have found the recipe. Light white cupcakes are topped with rich buttercream frosting. Adding a few drops of blue food coloring and topping with a few slices of fresh strawberry make these White Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting the perfect summer holiday dessert.
- [br][b]Cupcake Ingredients:[/b]
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, at room temperature (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- Strawberries (tops cut off and cut in half) or Blueberries
- [br][b]Frosting Ingredients:[/b]
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (3/4 cup)
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- blue food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 12 1 cup cupcake tin with liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, cream the butter on medium. Lower speed and gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
- To the butter mixture, add about one quarter of the flour mixture and mix well. Add about one quarter of the milk mixture and mix well. Continue alternating the flour mixture and milk mixture, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tins. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the cupcakes out of the tins and onto a rack to finish cooling completely.
- Cream butter in electric mixer
- Slowly add confectioners sugar
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Add food coloring until color is the depth that you want.
- Remove from bowl and place in piping bag, or ziploc bag with corner cut to decorate
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes
- Top with 1/2 of a strawberry.