Apple Pie Protein Muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start off your day. Loaded with fresh apple, tons of protein and are gluten-free. Great to keep in the fridge and warm up to enjoy with your coffee or tea in the morning.
My favorite season and not just because of how beautiful it is, but because of the foods that come in season. Apples, apples, apples. Love them.
I always drag the hubs to the orchard and we head home with more apples than we could every use, or that is what he says. I take it as a challenge to use up every last apple and enjoy every last bite.
Be prepared to see a few apple recipes popping up here, so you better head to the orchard yourself, so you don’t miss a single delicious bite.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And a breakfast packed full of protein is the best way to get your body moving. No seriously, you need to eat protein in the morning to help jumpstart that metabolism and get the blood pumping.
A moving metabolism is a metabolism that is burning up those calories and helping us to function at our best. Brain and body, sometimes I might need a bit of caffeine to help jump-start my brain. Just saying.
Make a batch up of these super simple muffins, that are loaded with protein and healthy ingredients and enjoy your breakfast and your morning.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
- 1 cup oatmeal flour (old-fashioned gluten-free oats ground in food processor)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup medium-size apple, cored and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place liners in one muffin pan and lightly spray with organic baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine egg whites, yogurt, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and apple pieces.
- In a second bowl combine oatmeal flour, almond meal, vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine flour mix and egg mix together until smooth.
- Fill each tin ¾ of the way full, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: