Blueberry Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting are a delightful cupcake topped with a decadent frosting enhanced with maple syrup.
Are these Gluten Free Blueberry Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting good?
Let’s just say I mentioned to the family that I was going to share a few with friends, and the family said “NO!”. That is a pretty good endorsement.
I must say the Maple Buttercream Frosting is heavenly.
I had one the day they were made (of course), I stored the few that remained after the first night in the refrigerator for later, so I ate a ‘few’ cold. Jacob and I liked them better cold, Jim liked them better room temperature. he says tomato, we say tomahto……
These would freeze well unfrosted, pull out and let completely thaw and bring back to room temperature. Once thawed frost per directions below. When you have a college boy coming home soon having a stash in the freezer is always a great idea.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut-almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- [br][b]Maple Buttercream Frosting:[/b]
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners and spray with organic baking spray.
- Sift flour and next 4 ingredients into large bowl.
- Add melted butter, oil, eggs, sugar and whisk to blend. Add yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon peel stir to blend.
- Pour flour mix into wet mix and whisk until completely blended.
- Stir in blueberries gently.
- Use 2″ scoop to fill up each muffin tin.
- Bake cupcakes 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to racks to cool.
- Add butter to an electric mixer and beat butter on high until creamed about 5 minutes.
- Lower speed of mixer to slow and slowly add confectioners sugar.
- When completely blended add maple syrup and increase mixer speed to high. Blend for 30 seconds – 1 minute until incorporated. This is a stiff frosting, but if it is too thick add a dash (1 tablespoon) cream or milk to thin.