Fennel Zucchini Blueberry Salad a simple salad loaded with fresh thinly sliced veggies and topped with blueberries, almonds, feta and a simple lemon vinaigrette.
We had a pretty quiet weekend around here, hung out at the house and around the pool. I even went completely lazy on Saturday night and just threw together a fruit and cheese tray, which ended up pretty delicious. Sometimes those impromptu evenings end up being the most relaxing and fun.
Did you have an exciting weekend? Do you like to just hang around the house with the family and quickly throw together a no fuss dinner? If so what is your go to easy weekend dinner?
I love adding a new salad to my dinner rotation, especially one that is simple to make and the whole family enjoys. My husband is usually not a fan of fruit in his salad, but he really enjoyed this one. Adding the blueberries was a last minute decision because I thought it would need a bit of sweet to cut the flavor of the fennel, and I was right. They ended up being the perfect flavor partners.
I used a mandolin to slice my veggies, but you can use a sharp knife, just try to cut the vegetables the same thickness for consistency.
If you do not have a mandolin, I highly suggest getting one if you cook with fresh veggies regularly.
- 1 medium-large zucchini, sliced into paper thin coins, I used a mandolin
- 1 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and shaved paper-thin, I used a mandolin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond nuts, slivered
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the zucchini, fennel and dill in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, add in blueberries, almonds and feta. Toss gently but thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust with more of the dressing, olive oil, lemon juice, or salt if needed.