Happy Labor Day!
It is the beginning of September, where in the world did Summer go? I am always somewhat sad to see summer end, unless its been brutally hot, and this summer has been exceptionally mild for Southern Ohio. So summer will end with a sigh from me, wishing I could have a few more days to enjoy before the days get shorter and the nights cooler. However, there is still plenty of evenings left to fire up the grill and you won’t want to miss out on this simple (and I mean simple) recipe. Using the herbs, and peppers from the garden makes this one of my favorite recipe to pull together on the nights I want something effortless. We usually have frozen shrimp and a quick rinse under cool water until they are thawed, peeled and deveined, and a few turns on the food processor and dinner is ready to be cooked, eaten and enjoyed.
NOTE: I did not add the refrigeration time to the total time on recipe card.
- 1 pound Extra-Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cups fresh Basil
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, stem removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek nonfat plain yogurt
- Place Cilantro, Basil, Ginger, Garlic, Jalapeño, Lime juice, Lime zest, in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add Greek yogurt and pulse until combined.
- Add ½ sauce to ziploc bag with shrimp.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Add shrimp to hot grill, close lid.
- -4 minutes flip shrimp. Shrimp should be pink on bottom and sides
- Cook an additional 2-4 minutes. Heads of shrimp will curl towards tail, touching or close to touching.
- Serve with remaining sauce to dip and a few wedges of lime.