Loaded Mashed Potato Bites are savory mouth size morsels made with your leftover mashed potatoes, a bit of cheese, cream, chives, hot sauce and bacon.
Are you recovering from the holidays and gearing up for the New Year? Wait up and don’t move on too fast, cause I got this great little recipe to share with you.
Do you still have leftovers in the fridge? If you have mashed potatoes leftovers or if you just want a great little nibble for the football game, you gotta try this super simple recipe.
Loaded with creamy potatoes, sour cream, topped with hot sauce, bacon, and shredded cheddar, it’s like loaded potato skins in a cute little bite size package. I served these to my guys while watching football and they were a huge hit and I quickly made a second batch and they went as fast as the first.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sour cream or cream cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup minced chives
- ¼ cup diced cooked bacon
- Hot Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F .
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed potatoes, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream. Season, if necessary, with salt and pepper. The seasoning will depend on how seasoned your mashed potatoes originally.
- Mound a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin cup. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining ¼ cup of grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potato start to get browned on top. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then gently release remove from the pan with spatula and plate.
- Top with cheese, bacon, hot sauce and chives.
- Serve immediately
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE