These Paleo Coconut Chocolate Blondies are gluten free, dairy free, are simple to make, and oh-so addictive. Crunchy and sweet, this blondie recipe will make the whole family happy and no one will believe they are paleo because they are so good.
We are not quite into the full swing of spring yet. You know where the asparagus is filling up at the farmers market, along side the tender lettuce, and onions. To consule myself until the spring produce is flush I have been baking. A lot of baking!
I must confess, I am addicted to these Paleo Coconut Chocolate Blondies. I have made so many and eaten so many, because they are that darn good and so super simple to make. Since they are paleo, gluten free, dairy free and contain no granulated sugar I have zero guilt enjoying them as my sweet chocolate treat.
To show you how simple this recipe is, I made a short little video that demonstrates how to assemble and bake these bars.
Please check out my video and let me know your thoughts. Helpful, too short, cutest dog you ever did see, etc., etc.?
- 1 cup creamy raw almond butter, stirred well
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup enjoy life mega chunks semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl add the almond butter and coconut sugar. Using a fork evenly combine the two.
- Add the baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the almond butter mix until combined evenly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg and egg yolk and then add the whisked mix to almond butter and stir once more until completely incorporated. Fold in the coconut and chocolate until well incorporated.
- Pour contents into baking pan, pressing down until corners are filled.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven, when cool cut into squares and enjoy.