Fourth of July M&M Bars are the perfect way to celebrate in the sweetest crunchiest way.
Usually, we spend the Fourth of July outside with friends and family, cooking out on the grill and watching fireworks. This Fourth of July M & M Bar dessert is great for your Fourth of July Cookout, easy to make ahead and kids and adults love them. You can use any M & M type candy in any color you choose. I found the red, white and blue candies at Fresh Market in the bulk section. This is a simple recipe to pull together and because of the brown sugar, has a “golden” flavor that pleases a crowd.
4th of July M & M Bars
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup M&M’s (any will do, but for the holiday I used, red, white and blue mix)
- 1 cup 60 % bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment, spray paper as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, butter until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread out dough into baking pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the cookie pulls away from the pan.
- Allow to cool in the pan completely before cutting.