Apple Cherry Pear Almond Breakfast Muffins offer an explosion of flavor in every bite. Loaded with freshly diced apples, dried cherries and then topped with diced pears and sliced almonds makes these breakfast muffin delicious, wholesome and satisfying. Perfect to enjoy in the morning with your cup of joe.
Over the Top Muffins!
These Apple Cherry Pear and Almond Breakfast Muffins are extra special and completely over the top.
I came up with the recipe based off a crisp recipe that I have that is truly delicious, but you can’t have a crisp for breakfast and its easy to grab a muffin when you are on the run in the morning.
He will always be my baby.
My son who is in college was home over the holidays and while he was eating one of these muffins, I asked what he thought?
He mumbled with almost the entire muffin in his mouth “they are pretty good, I’m guessing they are healthy with all that fruit.”
Out of the mouth of babes!
That is, if the babe is 6’4″ and weighs 200 something pounds.
As muffins go these are pretty healthy.
I cut down the flour and added almond meal, which is made with ground almonds which have proven to reduce risk of heart disease with antioxidant action of the vitamin E, and there is a healthy serving of fruits in each muffin.
These can be stored in the refrigerator for the week and they freeze extremely well!! enjoy.
Apple, Cherry, Pear and Almond Breakfast Muffins
Apple Cherry Pear and Almond Breakfast Muffins offer an explosion of flavor in every bite. Loaded with freshly diced apples and dried cherries, and then topped with diced pears and sliced almonds – these breakfast muffins are so wholesome and satisfying! Perfect to enjoy in the morning with your cup of joe.
Servings: 12 muffins
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt I used light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest from 1/2 lemon 1 tablespoon
- 1 apple peeled, cored, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
For the Streusel:
- 1 pear peeled, cored, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray with baking spray. Line a tray with almond slices and sit in oven for 4-5 minutes until almonds are just starting to toast, but not brown. Remove pan and let cool.
- Place flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixer beat 1/2 cup of the butter and sugar until creamed. Add one egg at a time until mixed. Scrape down sides of mixer and add sour cream, zest and vanilla blend.
- Add flour ingredients and mix until just blended (do not over-mix).
- Remove bowl from mixer and by hand add apple and cherries, mixing.
- Spoon mixture into each cup filling about 2/3 of the way.
- In a small bowl combine, pear, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter and almonds and combine.
- Place on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 239 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 27g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 322 mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 62mg
8 comments on “Apple Cherry Pear Almond Breakfast Muffins”
The coffee syrup added in tastes wonderful I bet!
What a great flavor combination! Love these.
It is bad that I want to eat 4?!
Awesome! I am saving this recipe for home party 😉
These sounds so yummy. Do you think I could substitute honey for the sugar without any horrible side effects?
Hey Elizabeth, Though I have not made these with honey, if I did I would use 1/3 cup honey and I would lower the sour cream to 1/2 cup. Hope this works, maybe I will give it a shot this weekend. If I get it done I will shoot you an email.
These look so good and I love the idea of using the coffee syrup! Delicious!
Oh Mj, that coffee syrup is the bomb!! you gotta try it if you bake, or make cocktails.