The easiest quickest and most delicious chicken meatballs. Perfect with a simple marinara sauce or used to compliment other recipes. These meatballs are great for meal prepping. Low calorie without sacrificing flavor. Packed with protein with a great macronutrient balance. They are great for your healthy lifestyle.
Everyone loves a good meatball recipe, my family included. This is a lighter chicken version.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
These are super simple to make. Add egg to a bowl, whisk with a fork. Then add salt, pepper, minced garlic, parmesan and bread crumbs. Using the fork blend until evenly mixed together. The mixture will be crumbly.
Add in the ground chicken and use the fork, or your hands to blend together. I like to use my hands to blend and then roll the mixture into 1 1/2″ balls. I set them on a plate to make adding to the pan for cooking easier.
Using a heavy skillet, I like to use my cast iron skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Once your oil is hot add the meatballs leaving enough room between each meatball to use a spoon to turn your meatballs over.
Leave your meatballs to brown in the oil, about 4 minutes and then turn over to brown other side, an additional 4 minutes.
You can add marinara sauce to the pan now and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for 8-10 minutes. If you are using these chicken meatballs in another recipe, remove from hot pan and set aside.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
- Let you chicken meatballs brown on each side. Don’t flip them early. You are looking for that browning to help seal in the flavor.
- You can use ground turkey instead of ground chicken.
- When you select your ground chicken, pick 93-96% lean ground chicken. Avoid 99% lean ground chicken breast, there is not enough fat for good flavor in this lean meat.
- Heavy Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Large Bowl
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
If serving with Marinara
- Add 1 jar/can of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. You should end up with 20 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add meatballs letting cook 3-4 minutes per side, flipping with a spoon when browned.
- Once meatballs are brown on all sides, set aside for finishing.
- If you want to serve with marinara sauce, add meatballs back to pan set to medium heat and add favorite marinara sauce. You will cook until meatballs are cooked through. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place meatballs in serving bowls and top with grated parmesan and chopped parsley
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add meatballs letting cook 3-4 minutes per side, flipping with a spoon when browned.
Once meatballs are brown on all sides, set aside for finishing. If you want to serve with marinara sauce, add meatballs back to pan set to medium heat and add favorite marinara sauce. You will cook until meatballs are cooked through. 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, place meatballs in serving bowls and top with grated parmesan and chopped parsley