What better way than to celebrate summer than with a Frozen Blackberry Mojito.
I am still getting a bowl full of Blackberries out of the garden a a day. I have been enjoying them in my oatmeal and yogurt. I even made a Blackberry Pocket Pies, which are individual hand pies. A great summer treat. Now I have outdone myself with this dangerously easy and enjoyable cocktail the Frozen Blackberry Mojito. I used my own Blackberries, but a bag of frozen organic berries would work perfectly well here. Be forewarned, this disappears rather quickly and is easy to refill. BURP!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, or frozen
- 1 cup fresh ice
- 2 ounces rum
- 4 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 ounce [url href=”https://ahealthylifeforme.com/2013/04/20/how-to-make-a-sangria-cocktail/” title=”How To Make a Sangria Cocktail”]simple syrup[/url]
- club soda
- In a blender add blackberries and ice, puree. If using frozen, skip ice and puree frozen berries
- Add mint leaves, syrup, lime juice and do a quick puree.
- Pour into a high ball glass.
- Add a topping of Club soda, stir.
- Add a mint leaf as garnish
- Pop in a straw and enjoy.