These golden and crispy cauliflower chips are packed with cheesy, herby goodness for an addictive savory snack. They’re way better than store-bought and will have you munching away all afternoon.
Easy Cauliflower Chips Recipe
If you love crispy snacks, these garlicky cauliflower chips are for you! They’re oven-baked to reduce the amount of oil but just as crispy as your favorite deep-fried snacks. Freshly grated parmesan and Italian seasoning add more savoriness, but this recipe is so versatile you can swap out the cheese and seasoning. For a bit of spiciness, don’t forget a sprinkle of black pepper. Perfectly golden around the edges, these wholesome chips will disappear soon after they’ve hit the counter.
Why You’ll Love These Cauliflower Chips
Whether you enjoy them on their own or as a dipping chip, these cauliflower chips will be your new favorite snack.
- Easy. If you squeeze the cauliflower well, then this is practically a fail-proof recipe.
- Better than store bought. They’re oven-baked and made with cauliflower, parmesan, and simple seasonings for the same crispiness as store-bought chips.
- Prep-friendly. Make a large batch in advance and you’ll be set for the whole week’s snacks.
- Great for game nights. Serve them with dipping sauces for a wholesome appetizer to munch on as you watch the game.
What You’ll Need
Don’t skip the Italian seasoning because it adds lots of herbiness and spice. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Cauliflower – You can buy cauliflower rice for this.
- Parmesan cheese – Make sure it’s freshly grated.
- Dried Italian seasoning – Use your favorite kind.
- Garlic powder – Onion powder works too.
- Seasonings – Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
How to Make Cauliflower Chips
Make sure to squeeze the cauliflower extremely well. The more moisture you remove, the crispier your chips will be. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Prep the oven. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and grease them with cooking spray.
- Bake the cauliflower. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Bake it for 10-12 minutes. Remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Remove moisture. Sprinkle the baked cauliflower over a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. Feel free to use paper towels.
- Season it. Add the cauliflower, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread them. Place balls of cauliflower mixture the size of one tablespoon on the baking sheets, with 2″ space between them. Spray your hand with cooking spray and press each ball into a circle that’s 1/8″ thick.
- Bake. Pop the baking sheets into the oven until golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oven, transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate, and let them cool completely. Enjoy!
Tips & Variations
Cajun seasoning and cheddar cheese are easy ways to spice up these simple cauliflower chips.
- Use a mat. A silicone baking mat instead of parchment paper is a great way to reduce kitchen waste, avoid sticking, and get the same crispy results.
- Go for leftover cheese. Shred the bits of all the leftover cheeses you have in the fridge as long as they’re melty. Cheddar, gouda, and Swiss are great options. Use them instead of parmesan for this recipe.
- Swap the seasonings. Feel free to use Cajun, Old Bay, or taco seasoning to give these chips a different flavor profile.
- Add a dipping sauce. Hot sauce, ranch dressing, mustard, or aioli for dipping can add great flavor.
- Flip them. Use kitchen tongs to carefully flip the chips over halfway through the baking time to ensure they’re evenly crispy on both sides.
- Use the middle rack. Never bake on the bottom rack or your chips will burn. Go for the middle or top racks. If you use the top one, you may need to add 5-10 minutes of extra baking time depending on your oven.
These cauliflower chips are best the day they’re made. Store them in an airtight container away from direct heat for up to 5 days. If you’re going to finish them within 1-2 days, you can also place them in a paper bag in a cool, dry place. Don’t refrigerate them because they’ll absorb moisture and soften.
More Easy Snacks
- Healthy Trail Mix
- Tart Cherry Pistachio Energy Balls
- No Bake Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Kale Chips
- Apple Nachos
- 2 cups Cauliflower grated
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Toss grated cauliflower on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Place the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel (or paper towels); squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place the cauliflower in a medium bowl; add Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and salt; stir until combined.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; coat with avocado cooking spray.
- Using a leveled tablespoon make a ball of cauliflower mixture, place each ball 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Using your hand, press each portion into a circle about 1/8 inch thick. If the mixture sticks to your hand it spray your hand with cooking spray
- Bake both pans, rotating them halfway through, until the chips are golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; let cool completely.