Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Donuts are fresh, sweet morsels of deliciousness. These donuts are baked, moist and dense with a lemon glaze. Perfect for dunking in your morning coffee.
I am a little bleary eyed this morning because I had to stay up and watch Grammys.
Well, I didn’t have to, but I had to you, you know what I mean. I loved the Lionel Richie tribute and of course Adel was amazing as always, and Stevie Wonder was outstanding.
After hearing all those Lionel songs, I think my Spotify channel will be turned to Lionel for the rest of the week, I just love all his songs. Did you watch? What was your favorite part?
I think I have spring fever, I have been on a berry kick the last week. I don’t think I am alone, the grocery store here was completely empty of all fresh berries on Sunday. Thankfully my hubby made a run to Costco and snagged a big box of blueberries for me.
Those berries along with some fresh lemon I created these baked gluten free lemon blueberry donuts. Super moist and dense with loads of bright fresh flavor. These donuts are delicious with or without the glaze, so if you are against using confectioners sugar don’t worry you won’t be disappointed with this recipe without it.
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Donuts
- 2 cups of gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3 tablespoons good quality honey
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- zest from one organic lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-3 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously spray two 6-count donut pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl whisk together almond milk, eggs, honey, and almond extract.
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and stir
- Add almond milk mix to flour mix combine just until mixed.
- Add mix to a piping bag or to a ziplock with corner cut.
- Pipe mix into donut pan. Top with blueberries pushing down into mix
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Flip donut pans upside down onto cooling racks and let donuts cool almost completely before adding glaze.
- Or serve plain.
- Place confectioners sugar in a medium bowl, add lemon juice and warm water. Stir until completely blended. It should be a bit thick, but you can still drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze lightly over donuts while they are on a grate with a baking sheet under them to catch drips. Let glaze set, about 10 minutes or if you can’t wait place them in the refrigerator to quicken it up.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: