Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes are tart, sweet creamy cakes of goodness.
While in D.C visiting our son Jimmy, he took us to his favorite cupcake jaunt.
It was in Georgetown down a side street a little off the beaten path and let me tell you they had no trouble getting customers. The line went out the door at 4 in the afternoon.
The place ‘baked & wired‘ was great. Coffee bar on one side, cupcake, and cookies on the other side. They made me a mean cappuccino, and yes I took a picture; don’t judge.
I ordered myself two cupcakes, cause really it’s all about research. R*I*G*H*T.
I picked their Carrot and Lemon Cupcakes. The Carrot cupcake was okay, but the Lemon was downright heavenly. I loved the lemon and raspberry combination and the coconut on top was an added bonus of sweetness. If you’re not a fan of coconut, just skip this step, it won’t hurt you enjoying this divine little cake one bit.
I told my son as soon as I got home from our trip and that I was planning on recreating the recipe and his reply “it will take a pound of butter” – yes, they were that good, but no it didn’t take a pound of butter; only 1/4 pound. (he he)
Lemon Raspberry [url href=”https://ahealthylifeforme.com/lemon-cupcakes/” title=”Lemon Cupcakes”]Cupcake[/url]
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest from one small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or DAVE’s syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cups flaked or shredded coconut sweetened
- 12 raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan and spray liners with non-stick spray
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir.
- Add butter and sugar to mixing bowl and blend.
- Add eggs one at a time, blend.
- Add vanilla extract, blend.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture blend.
- Add 1/2 milk, continue alternating between flour and milk and blend.
- Fill each muffin tin with 1/4 cup measurer. Filling each tin about 2/3 way full. Place a raspberry in each tin, pressing down.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Remove and set on wire rack to cool completely before icing. (at least 1 hour)
- Place butter and cream cheese in mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- Slowly add Powdered Sugar to mixer while it is running or you will have a floor covered with Powdered Sugar
- Add lemon juice and continue mixing until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with coconut and top with raspberry!