These Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are dense and moist then topped with a creamy chocolate mint flavored frosting and mint cookie crumbs.
I have a confession to make. I avoid girl scouts.
I know, I know not nice, but those damn cookies are so addictive. I see the girl scouts sitting over at their table by the exit doors when I go into the grocery store entrance doors. The carts separate us so I can check out their location without making eye contact. I make it a point to exit through the entrance doors when I leave to avoid buying the cookies or telling those cute girls in their green uniforms “no”. I am weak.
I have another confession to make, I love going to tractor supply. Don’t judge me. It is such a cool place. I get my chicken food, and other stuff my chickens don’t need. I check out the farming magazines and look at the gardening signs, and even last week they had baby ducks and chicks. Nothing cuter than baby ducks! Took some i-phone pics and sent them to my husband threatening to bring some home. I am a TOTAL DORK!
So, I didn’t see them when I cheerily grabbed my shopping cart out front of the Tractor Supply last week to make my trek through the store to see what I could see. As I rounded the corner there they were…. the girl scouts and their Mom. “Hello would you like to buy some girl scout cookies” they asked. “Why, yes I would” I said, when I was saying silently in my head “NO, NO, NO I would not”
So that is how I ended up with a “few” boxes of girl scout cookies and yes you know which ones… the thin mints. What other girl scout cookies are there. Yes, I know the coconut ones are good, but really? Its’ all about the thin mints.
So here you have the best damn mint chocolate cupcakes you have ever eaten! I really out did myself with these babies. I blame it all on Tractor Supply and those cute little girl scouts.
P.S.- if you don’t have girl scout thin mints they sell all different just as addictive thin mint cookies in the cookie isle at your grocery store.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of all-pupose flour
- 1 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or DAVE's syrup
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or DAVE's syrup
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar SIFTED
- 15 mint thin cookies crushed
- 6 minut thin cookies roughly crushed for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray with baking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, coca, baking soda and salt to bowl and blend
- Add eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla to a standing mixer, and blend, add flour mixture slowly.
- Add coffee and blend, batter will be very runny.
- Using a measuring cup add batter to muffin tins till 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove and let tin cool on rack for at least one hour or until completely cool
- Add 15 cookies to a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pen or pan.
- Add bittersweet chocolate to a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir. Cook an additional minute, and stir. Set aside
- In an electric mixer add cream cheese, butter and vanilla and beat till blended and creamed.
- Add chocolate and beat to blend.
- Add confectioners sugar slowly, mix till blended. Add crushed cookies and stir in by hand.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe frosting using a large opened piping tip and top with additional crushed cookies.
4 comments on “Mint Chocolate Cupcakes”
I’ve featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don’t mind, but if you do, please contact me and I’ll remove it. All the best.
Not a problem Vera, thanks for the heads up. Love your blog!
Chocolate chip mint ice-cream is my favourite. I will have to try these cakes.
These cupcakes look DIVINE! That frosting is seriously killing me!