Roasted Bok Choy is a simple healthy way to enjoy your vegetables. Roasted with coconut oil and topped with fresh lemon, tamari and spicy red pepper flakes gives you a dish with an asian flair that goes well with your weeknight dinner.
I usually don’t follow a lot of television shows. Mostly because I love to read and by the time the day is winding down all I want to do is relax with a good book. However, this fall I am totally sucked in by this seasons ‘The Voice’.
I mean they are all so damn good, it is amazing! Of course the fact that I love Pharrell and Blake helps, but really the contestants are truly amazing. Once I think I have a favorite another singer comes on and they sing their heart out and they become my favorite! Right now I am between Alisan Porter on Christina’s team, and Laith from Adam’s team. OH wait I also really like Hannah on team Pharrell. Oh I don’t know they are all so good.
How about you do you watch The Voice? If so who is your favorite?
New to Bok Choy?
You won’t be for long because this Chinese cabbage has captured the attention of the western world for its sweet, succulent nutritious leaves and stalks. Bok choy’s rise in popularity is not only due to it’s flavor, but for how simple it is to prepare as well as its incredible healthy benefits. It is already one of the most popular vegetable in China, Philippines, Vietnam and other East-Asian regions for these reasons.
One cup of shredded bok choy has 34 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C and more than a full day’s intake of vitamin A.
Like all members of the cruciferous vegetable family, bok choy has unique sulfur-containing compounds that may reduce the risk of breast, prostate, lung and digestive tract cancers. Start adding this veggie to your weekly diet.
Roasted Bok Choy
- 2 heads bok choy
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice off dark green leaves, cut bok choy in half
- Rinse well.
- Toss green leaves and halves in bowl with melted coconut oil, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Place halves ONLY on lined baking sheet, cut side up. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add green leaves on baking sheet along side halves. Return to oven and roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl toss together lemon juice, miring and roasted red pepper together.
- Drizzle over roasted bok choy and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: