This bright beautiful and healthy Roasted Salmon Fennel and Bok Choy recipe is made in one pan and is gorgeous enough to serve to company, but is so easy you will be making it once a week for the family.
Happy Monday friends! The first Monday of 2016 and I hope that your 2016 is off to a hopeful and happy start.
I got back from my family trip to Mexico yesterday, tired, tan and ready for some healthy clean food. I can’t tell you the last time I craved a simple mixed green salad, but I did, yes I did. Actually, it was what I whipped up the family for lunch, and I can say it was the best damn salad I have had!
Mexico fed me plenty of chips, pico de gallo, some of the best rocking guacamole and some grand ceviche. What it didn’t give me was much green stuff, avocado doesn’t count when piled on corn tortillas. I missed my greens.
Then it was time for dinner and I wanted something healthy, with plenty of veggies and it needed to be quick. I still had unpacking to do, mail to sort, laundry to start, so quick and easy was important.
Enter my Roasted Salmon Fennel and Bok Choy recipe. I have been enjoying this recipe over the last few months, saving it to share with you in the New Year. It is the perfect “I want to start my New Year off right kind of dish”. It is such a simple recipe to prepare, you only need one rimmed baking sheet and it is so nutritious, low-calorie, high protein, gluten-free and paleo and whole30 friendly
When I tell you I love this recipe, I ain’t kidding I have been telling friends to keep their eyes peeled for this one, so that they can enjoy it. One friend said she wasn’t a huge fan of fennel, so if you are like her, substitute in 2 stalks of celery, cubed and add another head of bok choy.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme. Love hearing from you guys!
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored and sliced into 1/2″ thick wedges
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- bella mushrooms
- 2-3 heads bok choy, trimmed and cut into 1″ slivers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice from one organic lemon
- 4-6 oz. skinless salmon filets
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup salted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely organic grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet, you can line with foil for easy clean up.
- Place salmon on cutting board and drizzle lemon juice over top of salmon and a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl toss fennel, onion, mushrooms, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables evenly and roast for 15 minutes. Toss bok choy in empty bowl and coat with any remaining oil that is in the bowl.
- Remove pan and toss bok choy over top top of veggies, cook an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and push vegetables into a pile to make a bed for the salmon.
- Place the fillets on top of vegetables, spaced evenly.
- Return pan to oven and roast for 10-15 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve salmon and vegetables plated and topped with gremolata.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: