I am enjoying using up the Rosemary that is still standing tall in my garden.
The frost has hit but the Rosemary looks just as good as it did in August. I tried out a Rosemary simple syrup that marries the wonderful herbaceous pine scent of the rosemary into a sweet sugar syrup.
Adding it with the dry gin and citrus tang of a lemon makes this a holiday cocktails you are sure to enjoy and is not a “girly” beverage. Rosemary Gin Cocktail smells as wonderful as it tastes and is a sophisticated beverage…this is definitely a drink everyone will enjoy!
- 1/4 cup ground Rosemary ( I used my coffee grinder a food processor would work)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 oz of Gin (I used Saphire)
- 3/4 oz Rosemary syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon, squeezed)
- Club Soda
- Sprig of Rosemary for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil, add the sugar and rosemary and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and steep the mixture off heat for 45 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add gin, lemon and Rosemary simple syrup and stir.
- Top with a splash of club soda, stir briefly and garnish with a rosemary sprig.