Zucchini Carpacchio a simple, elegant and delicious way to enjoy summer zucchini. Gluten Free, Raw, Vegetarian, healthy with only a handful of ingredients this side dish is perfect to enjoy all summer long.
I almost took a picture to show you how big my biceps have become.
I see you looking confused, but really I have been lifting some pretty heavy weights this week, and I am not talking about the dumbells at the gym.
Nope, I am talking about the herculean sized zucchinis. I know I have said it before, but how do those squash grown into behemouths overnight? I may have some record breakers this year. Maybe I need to enter them into the summer fair of the largest zucchini contest. Yep, I bet I have removed a few blue ribbon winners this year.
Well with my endless supply of zucchini I have been finding some creative ways to enjoy them, but this Zucchini Carpacchio recipe is so genius. It takes zero time to prepare, and it is quite beautiful servedd up on a pretty plate. Perfect to serve as a salad or side, and great to serve at the BBQ this summer, because you can make it ahead of time and serve at room temperature.
Have you ever grown zucchini? Did you get baseball size squashes? If so, what did you do with them?
- 1 medium zucchini
- Good quality olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of kosher salt
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Parsley or your favorite herb, chopped
- Thinly slice zucchini with a mandolin.
- Arrange slices on a plate, overlapping edges slightly.
- Grind fresh pepper over top, sprinkle salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese to cover and sprinkle herbs.
- I let it sit for about 15 minutes so the olive oil could soak into the Zucchini