Sausage Crostini is a simple appetizer that is quick and easy to pull together and is sure to please a crowd.
The holidays are upon us, which means we get to cook and eat delicious foods. This is a great appetizer to serve at your own house or to take to a party to share. You can cut the ingredients in half and serve at dinner along side a salad or pasta. It is super simple to pull together and takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 3 Italian Sausages casings removed (you can use spicy italian if you like it hot)
- 5 ounces of Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 artisian baguette or french baguette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice bread to 1/2" slices.
- Remove casings from sausages by slicing down length and removing the meat inside. Place meat in bowl and crumble with a fork. Add Cheese, seeds and salt to bowl and mix evenly.
- Arrange bread over a baking sheet.
- Using a knife (I used an offset knife) spread sausage mixture over bread. Top with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and top with Parsley. Best served warm.