Baked Zucchini Fries are a genius recipe!
Easy, delicious, and with simple ingredients. Oh yes and it’s a healthy light, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegetarian dish. You’re gonna LOVE them.
What to do with your extra Zucchini?
With my Garden starting the daily flow of Zucchini, I have been trying out new ways to cook up this persistent veggie.
There is nothing like walking out to your garden and picking your own produce to serve up a dinner. The zucchinis were still warm from the sun as I prepared this recipe, that makes me happy!
Zucchini is a great source of Vitamin A.
Zucchini is great for women because of the vitamin A, which us ladies need. Vitamin A promotes healthy eyesight, skin and lung function. It also packs a good dose of antioxidants to help our sells to recover. For me, one of the best benefits is the electrolytes that help me maintain my fluid balance and normalize my blood pressure.
With the summer heat and working out, I like to add fruits and veggies that help keep me hydrated.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 2-3" strips (think the size of potato fries)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest from one organic lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix spices in bowl to blend, add olive oil and stir.
- Prep zucchini and add to mix. Stir to coat all zucchini fries evenly.
- Place zucchini fries on a baking sheet lined with foil and place on top rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes, stir or flip fries. Continue to bake for an addition 7-10 minutes. Remove lightly toss and serve.
9 comments on “Baked Zucchini Fries”
Made this yesterday as I was tired of my regular zucchini recipes! Yummy!! Thanks for such a creative, delicious and healthy recipe.
Thank you so much for letting me know that you liked my recipe VS!
Definitely something I want to try as soon as courgettes are at their best again! That spice mix sounds lovely!
You will love them Sara! Enjoy.
What a great idea! My zucchini are just ready to pick
What a yummy looking post! =)
Yummy tasting too:)
Lovely recipe as these are one of my favourites in summer! I still have to wait for mine to produce… I have flowers but that’s it at the moment. Maybe the lack of sunshine is the problem here!
I’d love some of your rain right about now. Its 100 here right now, the poor chickens are so stressed.