My new favorite mixer is Cranberry Simple Syrup. I plan on using it in most of my cocktails during the holidays. Also, it would make a great homemade gift to a mixologist friend over the holidays.
Make up a batch of the Cranberry Simple Syrup and stick it in the fridge to pull out when you want a holiday cocktail.
Below is the recipe for Simple Syrup continue reading for the recipe for a Cranberry Vodka Spritzer a light refreshing little cocktail. Great cocktail to serve or drink before dinner.
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulate sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan bring ingredients to simmer over medium heat.
- Lower heat to low and simmer an additional 10 minutes until cranberries are tender but have not burst.
- Strain cranberries and reserve simple syrup in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 1 ounce Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 2 ounce Vodka
- club soda
- fresh ice
- lime peel
- Fill low ball glass with ice.
- Add Cranberry Simple Syrup, Vodka and top with Club soda
- Add lime peel