My husband came home from the grocery store with a bucket load of strawberries. I have been using them in my smoothies, desserts, salads and my cocktails. Strawberry season is right around the corner if Mother Nature ever decides to allow spring to stay around longer than a few days. I usually have baby green strawberries out in my garden this time of year, but I haven’t even had a flower bloom so I think this year it may be late May before I start to harvest.
I am sending you a warning to you about this Frozen Strawberry Cucumber Margarita, you will be on your third before you know it.
It is a sweet and refreshing little cocktail that will definitely help you celebrate the almost spring.
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup diced cucumber, about a 3” long 2” thick piece
- 1 ½ cups fresh ice
- 2 lime wedges
- In a blender add ice, simple syrup, tequila, triple sec, strawberries and cucumber.
- Use crushed ice button if you have on your blender for 8-10 seconds, or just until you have the ice consistency you want.
- Pour in your glasses and serve with a lime wedge.