Maple Sesame Roasted Brussels Sprouts are sweet and nutty in flavor. They take minutes to prepare and are ready in less than 30 minutes. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, and Paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
I had an anniversary and the hubs and I went to Miami for a few days to relax and reconnect. It is always good to get away and relax before the crazy starts with the upcoming holidays.
The weather was perfect so I got plenty of sun and sand. As well as hitting some pretty awesome restaurants in the area. What I noticed at almost every restaurant we ate at was the offering of brussels sprouts. It’s like they are the new popular kid. Which is good for all of us because they are the superstar of the vegetable world.
I am always trying to come up with new ways to serve them here at home. This recipe couldn’t be any simpler, it takes 5 minutes to prep and less than 30 minutes total time. When roasting keep an eye on your Brussels towards the end of roast time to ensure that they don’t get too dark. A little brown is perfect, black is not. Please note if you have monster size Brussels you may need to roast a bit longer, you know they are finished when you can pierce your sprouts with a fork.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Whisk together maple syrup and olive oil.
- Add brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Lay out on baking sheet so that bruseels sprouts are a single layer.
- Add to oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove toss on sesame seeds return to oven for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove, slightly cool, serve and enjoy.
You might also like: