Oven Roasted Sea Bass with Asparagus and Mushrooms is a clean healthy low calorie dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes.
Are you a lean mean healthy eating machine? Do you want to add more Omega 3’s to your diet, oh yeah and eat more veggies. You know those plants are good for you. Well, guess what brothers and sisters? This recipe is all about clean, healthy, low calorie, omega 3, veggie boosting your diet. Can I get a “booya” after I tell you that this recipe is on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Now don’t get all “I don’t like sea bass or I ain’t never had sea bass or I can’t cook sea bass” because I say rubbish.
Sea bass is a white flaky fish that is painless to cook, a little marinate some hot heat and voila its finished. Sea Bass has a mild, delicate flavor that goes well with almost any vegetable. It has a flavor and texture similar to Cod. You can actually substitute Cod in this recipe as well as Halibut.
Choose the type of white fish you use in this recipe based on what is available in your area and make sure that you purchase your fish from a store that only offers wild caught seafood that is certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship council. I typically buy mine from Whole Foods.
With a side of some tender asparagus spears and marinated mushrooms you have the complete meal in one dish that goes from oven to table. Literally you only use one dish, which means… yep you got it, less dishes to wash.
Are you in love yet? Well, if you are still not sure, you let me know after you have a taste, cuz I know you will be swooning.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 generous tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large shallot, peeled and minced
- 5 teaspoons avocado oil + more for baking dish
- 2 6-ounce sea bass fillets (each about 1 1/2″ thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- About 15 Small Bella mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 pound Asparagus Spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl.
- Brush 13 x 9″ porcelain or glass baking dish with a bit of oil.
- Arrange fish at one end prepared dish.
- Add asparagus spears next to fish and sliced mushrooms at opposite end.
- Sprinkle fish and vegetables with salt and pepper. Flip fish and sprinkle other side with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle Soy sauce over fish, asparagus and mushrooms.
- Place in preheat oven and bake until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
You might also like: