Shrimp is one of the easiest foods to cook. I was at the makeup counter last week buying mascara and the wonderful English lady who was helping me (yes she had that wonderful accent) was complaining about what to cook for dinner when she got home. She wanted something quick and easy. I of course jumped at the opportunity to talk about food and suggested shrimp. “Oh no,” she said, ” shrimp scares me”. “Why,” I asked with bewildered look on my face. “Because I can’t tell when it’s cooked”.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice about 3 limes
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add lime juice, garlic, ginger, shallot, cilantro, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to medium bowl. Add olive oil while whisking.
- Add shrimp to skewer (soak wooden skewers in water before skewing). Lay skewers in rimmed ceramic baking dish and cover with marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Flip at least once before cooking.
- Heat grill on medium-high. Before you put skewers on grill tap to remove any excess oil.
- Place skewers on grill cook 4-5 minutes, until ends start turning pink and then flip
- Cook on other side 4-5 minutes, until pink on both sides.
You might also like: