Paleo Pumpkin Bread is a healthy dense bread that is also gluten free, dairy free, grain free, and soy free. It has a vast amount of potassium, so it is great for those muscles and is sweet enough to make your pesky sweet tooth happy.
I have been trying to remove refined sugars and grains from my diet along with dairy. That doesn’t change the fact that I like my baked goods and usually want something sweet once a day. This means I have been going through my favorite recipes and redoing them to be paleo and gluten free. Using pure maple syrup or honey in place of granulate or brown sugar. Using Almond, Tapioca and Coconut Flour in place of All-purpose flour. The dairy is easily replaced with full-fat coconut milk.
Taking out the sugars, grains and dairy from your diet can be challenging, but it is a whole lot easier if you can still enjoy a sweet slice of pumpkin bread.
One of my favorite fall recipes on this blog is my healthy pumpkin bread, however, the recipe calls for whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and greek yogurt, so I played around and rewrote it so that it is now paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and soy free. This Paleo Pumpkin Bread is just as moist and delicious as the original recipe, but denser.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon [url href=”http://ahealthylifeforme.com/pumpkin-spice-mix/” title=”Pumpkin Spice Mix”]pumpkin spice mix[/url]
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut cream (cream only save water to drink)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9 x 4 loaf pan (I used a bit of coconut oil)
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt an pumpkin spice.
- In another large bowl whisk together until blended pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut cream, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mix into pumpkin mix, stirring until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until cooked through approximately 53-55 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: