This Spinach Cherry Salad Recipe is a great way to enjoy the seasonal delicious cherries and a simple healthy salad.
Oh how I have been loving on the seasonal cherries. Every year when those beauties come in season and show up at the market I scoop up bag after bag rush them home and start pitting and munching on them. I usually just eat handfuls at a time, or bake with them, throw them in my water and now I have been tossing them in my salads.
With my love of the little pitted fruit, I quickly invested in a cherry pitting tool, which I HIGHLY recommend so you can enjoy the sweet treat without loosing a tooth biting into a pit.
I used a simple lemon vinaigrette in this recipe to enhance the sweetness of the cherries. Remember not to add to much salt to this recipe (note: I only added salt in the vinaigrette) because feta and pistachios are salty on their own. I also choose to chop the spinach, mostly because that is the way I like it, but you can choose to skip this step if you like.
Keep on enjoying those cherries as long as they are in season, their health benefits are long and extensive. Offering antioxidants to help us fight infection and inflammation, hydration since they are composed of 75% water, and pain relief they are great to enjoy the day after you are sore from that tough workout.
Enjoy this salad along side of your morning eggs, for lunch or a light dinner.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh cherries pitted, chopped
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup of shelled pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup of crumbled feta (omit this if you want dairy free recipe)
- Add ingredients to medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Top with dressing, start with adding half of dressing and taste.
- If you like a stronger flavor add remaining dressing. Toss and serve.
You might also like this Spinach Salad: