Arugula Blackberry Radish Salad is spicy, creamy and sweet. It will make your tastebuds very happy, and your body an immunity boost.
This is a great salad and you can easily add a protein. Grilled chicken or salmon would work beautifully!
This summer I have been heading to Findlay Market every Sunday. If you are unfamiliar with Findlay Market it is located in downtown Cincinnati OTR area, and is the states oldest open market.
Why I love shopping at Findlay Market.
I love getting to Findlay Market about a half hour before the market opens, around 9:30, and before the crowd starts to show up.
There is this little ritual I do when I go. I head to the local coffee shop Deeper Roots for my iced Almond latte, and then a leisurely walk through the open stalls where local farmers set up their weekly picks.
The market is old, over 100 years old and surrounded by color. It really is a beautiful way to spend a Sunday morning.
I quickly found the farmer who was my favorite, based on her sweet cherry tomatoes and diverse veggie choices.
One of the great things about shopping for your veggies this way, beyond you are getting the best nutrient rich veggies, is the relationship you form with the farmers and vendors.
It’s amazing to me that the vendors only see me for a few minutes one day a week, they know me, they greet me and you can tell that they are proud that I am buying their products.
In turn that makes me proud to be supporting these amazing people!
Pears would be fabulous substitute in this recipe.
Though blackberries are no longer in season (my fault for posting this recipe so late).
You can replace them with a fruit that is in season. Pears would be fabulous substitute in this recipe.
If Pears are not your thing, purple grapes would taste great and be a surprise to anyone you are serving this pretty salad.
Why Arugula Blackberry Radish Feta Salad offers you healthy benefits?
It is loaded with Fiber, which will be filling, but also really touches on all the important vitamins, minerals and nutrients you want to get in your daily diet.
- Arugula: Calcium, Folate, and Potassium
- Blackberries: Vitamin C, K and magnesium
- Radishes: Anticancer properties
Are you looking for more salad recipes? Click (here)
Arugula Blackberry Radish Feta Salad
For the Salad:
- 4 cups fresh arugula salad
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1-2 radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta more if you like
For the Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- Toss all ingredients together, tossing gently so feta does not fall apart.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together vinegar, shallots, honey, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until blended.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week in an air tight container.